Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nothing is a surprise to Him.

Almost six months ago, this was me. In the middle of La Represa with a group of some amazing people. We worked harder than I could ever imagine and my heart was broken for the people, the community and what we learned alongside those people. What I love most is what I came back with: a broken heart that longed for those people I had come to know in such a short time.
Ever since returning I have continually prayed for God's will for me in regard to the Dominican. I have longed to go back, to work more and to live a life of service for that community, but I know that it all is on God's timing and if I needed to be there He would make it happen.
I have been doing a bible study that has recently talked about how nothing comes as a surprise to God. Things happen in life and we wonder why God allowed it or come to him asking why it did, but God knows why and knew it was going to happen long before we ever did.
Recently, God had been revealing His will for me in small moments. I have known that I am at least going to go back to the Dominican but have trusted in God for the chance. Now, it being six months since I have been home, I am going BACK! I am in complete shock and awe of my heavenly Father. I received the email yesterday morning giving me all the information, saying there was one spot left and it's mine if I wanted it. I can't believe I am getting this chance, but I am SO thankful God has provided it. I am stunned at God's power and am reminded that everything is on God's timing and He has a plan for me far better than I could ever imagine. I love living life trusting in my Savior. All the glory goes to GOD!

One month and two days....the countdown begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment