Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Great Friday.

I have always enjoyed Good Friday. Each one for the past few years holds dear and fond memories in different ways. This year I began a new small group that meets on Thursday nights. This past Thursday we met and went through the death and resurrection of Christ. It was beautiful and moving. I was excited to see a group of people I know, care about and do life with, fall into a deeper love with Jesus.

I wasn't sure that my weekend of exploring God's Word about His Son could get much better, but last night I attended the Secret Church simulcast at my church.


I've been lucky enough to hear David Platt speak before at Passion and I have read his book, Radical. He is an amazing, encouraging, strong servant of the Lord and he is one of those people you just can't get enough of. I sat down around a table with my church family and we dug into six hours of intense, deep study of God's Word and what He says about the crucifixion, salvation and glory of God. Within those we explored doctrines, atonement, conversion, regeneration, sanctification, election and justification, to name a few. We spent six hours digging into almost two-hundred pages of scripture. 

Absolutely amazing.
Completely overwhelming.
Fully fallen in love.

We learned so much and I am so thankful for the opportunity to learn more about what God's Word says about Him and what He says based on His Word. I pray we can all come to understand more what was really done for God and for us. I pray God's chosen people are brought up to speak truth into our brothers and sisters who have never heard of Jesus. I pray for our persecuted church; that they may be sustained, protected, provided for and supported. I pray I can be used to further the kingdom of God in the way that He sees fit. Thank you, Lord, for I love you so. Thank you for being with me forever.

And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
-Matthew 28:18-20

For more information on David Platt and the Secret Church, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment