Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Good Afternoon

 On Sunday afternoon my aunt asked if I could help paint some things for the women's ministry. I agreed and headed over, excited to dig into some art, but surprisingly found my cousin, Garrett, upset. I've written here about how sweet and dear of a child he is. He is sensitive and meek and loves everyone. He always wants a kiss and a hug. He is a sweetheart.

I tried to comfort him and got him to work on a masterpiece while I was working. He told me he was going to paint something from the west.


I was beginning the process of making wooden magnets, that also make great coasters. First step is to give them a basic coat of your base color. I painted both sides and the edge and gave them two coats.


He began working on the blue sky. According to him, this was the perfect shade of blue.


 My circles then got a perfectly pink flower and while still wet, I dabbed my finger in red and worked it in to the edges of each pedal for a color-blending effect.


Garrett began working on a boot. He is quite artistic and was very focused on the painting.



Once dry, the next step was giving the flowers a center. I like to add more than just a plain circle to give dimension and more real life effects. 



Garrett decided he was finally finished and as I taught him how to apply sealer, he also learned the best purpose for a hairdryer.


And... ta-da!!! The finished product titled: The West. He was so proud and seeing him enjoy something I love dearly made my day.


The circles got the final step of the word 'forgive' and a nice coat of sealer and were left to dry. I think the women at the luncheon loved these. They would brighten up any refrigerator. 





No comments:

Post a Comment