Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Body

Today has been a busy Saturday. It's usually my Sabbath, but today I've been working on a couple paintings that are gifts for a special bride (post coming soon).

I've been listening to my iTunes and painting my heart away and just talking to the Lord about things on my heart. I was completely out of touch when a song started playing and the lyrics hit me like a ton of bricks...

"...But if we are the Body
Why aren't His arms reaching
Why aren't His hands healing
Why aren't His words teaching
And if we are the Body
Why aren't His feet going 
Why is His love not showing them there is a way..."

The song kept playing, If We Are the Body by Casting Crowns, and I just asked myself, "Am I the body?"
If we are the body of Christ then we should be reaching out to those in need. We should be healing with our time, finances, etc. We should be boldly speaking the Word of God and sharing it to no end. We should be moving and be on mission. It really made me think about the things I am doing in my life and if I really am a part of the body of Christ. And if I am, what am I doing to make Christ known?

So, I must ask you...
Are you working to grow the body?



No comments:

Post a Comment