Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Answers or Answering

I was talking with a friend yesterday and we were discussing my current season of life. Single, no kids, no career worthy of this world, and not exactly sure where I want to move with my life. I was telling him about what I've been praying for and he looked at me with a sort of puzzled look. He then asked me the most profound question: "Abbey, what if instead of asking God to answer your prayers, you ask him to make you the answer to someone else's prayer?"

I've been praying for direction, and guidance, for a way to encourage young girls, and for (I know it sounds silly) my husband. I know in my heart that God will answer these, but maybe there's a man out there praying for a woman like me. Maybe there's a company needing someone like me. Maybe there's a little girl I know who is just dying for someone to love her like I can.

That one question has caused me to completely changed my thought process concerning some of my prayers. Thank you, Jayme, for making me really think about what I am asking from the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for your husband is one of the greatest things you can do in your singleness. I began praying for my husband when I was fourteen, and my husband was sixteen when he began praying for his wife. When we met, we shared the various things we had prayed for each other over the years, and it was amazing to look back and see how our lives had been impacted by the other's prayers. I have another mind blowing story about praying for your spouse, but I'll save that for now. Just don't give it up.

    ReplyDelete