Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

October, already?

I feel like the ride of life has taken up way too much of my writing time lately. My journal and blog have been put on the back burner and luckily I've had some time in the last two days to catch them up.

So, an update on me and what's going on...

Well first, I want you to meet someone...

Meet Marigrace Elizabeth Sublett.
My sister, Hannah, gave birth to this beautiful baby girl last Wednesday and life's been a bit crazy since. There were a few complications at her birth, so she's spent the last week in the NICU at East Tennessee Children's Hospital. She has definitely had some prayer warriors and only beacuse of the Lord, she'll be going home sometime this weekend! 

I can't believe Hannah and Chris have a baby, but she is already bringning so much joy into this world and I can't wait to get to know her. And spoil her rotten. I am already in love with those cheeks.

On another exciting note, my dear Army brother, Matt, will be returning home for good today. Long story short, he got injured and has been sent home. I have a lot of emotions swirling around concerning him. I can only trust the Lord with him and pray for him. I am happy he brought my little brother home, though. It's been a long two months, and I can't tell you how excited I am to see him. He even sent me this picture this morning to say I actually got to see him in his camo's.
How weird is this.
Oh well, he's still my brother no matter what. 
The last letter I got from him while he was gone told me about how my writing inspired him to write. He had enclosed another letter of his writings about his experiences in the Army and what he's learned and come away with. I'll publish it later with his permission, but I'm not the Henley who can write. 

 With all the family situations going on, I've been thankful for my friends and for being able to spend time with them fairly often. Life is just crazy, but I've learned that it's important to be thankful and important to be still. It's amazing what sitting in front of my computer can do for my sanity. All in all, God is sovereign and he reminds me of that often.

Time to catch up.
More coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment