Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pretty Painting

I can remember a day where I was able to sit and paint all day,....but due to growing up and the ride of life it's rare to find a lot of extra time to paint. Lately I've been blessed to be able to paint quite a bit for some great people.

The first one was a little baby gift for my college pastor. They are having a baby girl next month and I was excited to paint their daughter, Clare, a pretty picture for her room.

 Another painting was for my friends, Lacy, birthday. It was hard to figure out what to paint for her, but I know how much she loves her hubby and wanted something to hang in her home, so I chose her last name and added the year they were married. I don't have a picture, but the edges are painted dark grey like the polka dots.

These last two are extra special to me. They are both for my dear friend, Amber. She had a shower recently (post to come) and I knew I wanted to paint her something extra special. I sent her and her fiance and email asking their favorite things about the other. I used the colors of her living room and kitchen, and put his favorite things about her on the 'she' canvas, and vice versa on the 'he.'

For her birthday, I painted her a little canvas for her new classroom and her soon-to-be new last name.

Oh, the joys of painting for people I love.
If you need something, shoot me an email. 
It's something I love to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment