Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

10.2010


Octubre.
What a month...


It is definitely one for the record books. So much joy and happiness packed into 31 days. When you look at it like that it seems so short, but this month seemed to last forever. I cherish time like that as I get older. Time seems to pass us by without even noticing. I am trying to hold on to what really matters in life. You could say that was the theme of October.
With only a two week notice, I was off to the Dominican Republic once again. My heart was overwhelmed with excitement and anxiousness. With all that I brought home from my first trip, I could not believe I was going back and was curious to see what God has planned. I wrote of my feelings before I embarked on my second trip.."...one spot left." I couldn't believe it and still can't when I look back. I can only give my God the glory and marvel at his wonderful ways.

Needless to say, I was in my element. Being there is the only time and place I have ever experienced true happiness and joy in life. God has taught me so much through what I have learned there. I love and have loved people I barely knew who spoke a language different from my own. I worked harder physical labor than I ever thought I would. I have relationships I will cherish forever. God is still showing me a lot when it comes to La Represa. That community is still heavy on my heart. His plans are nothing short of amazing and exciting.

Once home from La Represa, life once again changed drastically. Being content in this world was and is a struggle but I hold on to the promises of my Savior and live life day by day. I spent a lot of time just enjoying life with dear friends who are closer than my own family.


The month continued with celebrations of this wonderful season (my favorite) and welcoming change as God is working in our church and community.
Our Smyrna church campus has recently moved to the new Boys & Girls Club facility. It's an amazingly beautiful place with so much more room to outreach and minister to the community. We had a fall festival to celebrate the opening and it was a huge success! Music, food and lots of people I love.

Another community in Murfreesboro that my church is working in is called Franklin Heights. I have been working alongside the director and have seen how I don't have to travel far to love the unloved.
The first annual fall festival was put on for the community and it was an awesome time to see families and followers of Christ come together to share love and laughter.



As the month came to an end and November came faster than I wanted, only one thought
came to mind: thankful.

I am thankful for my Savior. I am thankful He can get me through every day, every mess up and every blessing in my life. I am thankful for what He has given me and the amazing journey He has put me on. I am thankful for the opportunity to serve Him on a daily basis. I am thankful for what He has done in my brother's life and cherish him dearly. God has grown him and is growing him to be a man of God that excites me. We spend most of our time serving together and what a precious sight it is.

Goodbye October and hello November.






No comments:

Post a Comment