Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

stress of this life.

The last time I posted I was so happy and full of joy. Looking back at a wonderful month and seeing how God is working in my life and I see it so clearly like a reflection in the mirror. It is something I am very thankful for.

With a swift goodbye to October, I was anxious to see what November had in store. My high expectations were soon smacked to the ground with heart breaking news. Three days ago my Dad lost his job. I know, most people think:

"It's okay, he'll get another one."
"God will provide."
"God has something better-don't worry."

All of that is true, but what hit me so hard is seeing a strong man, who has gratefully been in my life since I was born, be broken down and hurt. My father is a wonderful man. He has a heart for his family. He does anything and everything for us. Although he may struggle and sacrifice he does it for us. My brothers and I are blessed to have a father who would do anything in his power to give us a wonderful life.
But what takes me back a step is that he hurts. If you know me well, you know I have a heart for people in my life. I cannot bear to see or hear of loved ones in pain. I would do anything for my Dad. God is showing me a lot in life but this is all so new and different. Not being able to literally do anything for him is hard. But as I have been dealing and processing this, all I have heard is this:

Trust.
Patience.
Faith.

God has been teaching me that I walk but it is He who guides my steps. I must have trust, patience and faith in EVERY aspect of my life and He is showing me that very clearly through this situation and others. It took this situation for the point to really hit home but it's not that easy.

I share this because I need prayer. I share this because my Dad needs prayer. He is a strong and very selfless man but does not have a relationship with Christ. I pray for it constantly and I hope God uses this situation to bring him closer to my heavenly Father. My family also needs prayer. With job loss comes worry, frustration and stress. Not too much in my family life is easy, but this is a whole new ball game.

But, what I do know is what's getting me through this:
God is faithful and God is love. God is my strength and is always there.
So I am trusting in Him and trying not to worry...my God has a plan.

"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow has worry of its own. Todays worry is enough for today."
-Matthew 6:34

3 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you and your family. I'll also be praying that your dad will be drawn closer to God through this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Abbey! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm a blog nut.

    I will definitely be praying for you, your dad and your whole family. You're a strong girl with a strong faith and you're wise beyond your years. Stay strong little sister. Much love!

    ReplyDelete