Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

15 days in...

November sure started out with a rocky start. My dad losing his job sure wasn't how I pictured it but it happened and we dealt with it as best we could. As soon as it happened I clung to the Lord.
I prayed my heart out for God to receive the glory and for God to give my father hope because I could tell he had none. I also prayed that God would show him the love He has for him and that he would turn to something you can put your hope in and not be disappointed.

After three long, stressful days we got news that he got a job! I was amazed and immediately gave God the glory He so deserves. The words "praise the Lord..." just flowed from my mouth, over and over. My God did this and my God is bigger than pain, than hurt, than job loss, than ANYTHING.

Looking back at this situation and past week makes me smile. Something horrible happened and I instantly turned to my Father for hope and peace. I prayed through every frustration, thought and worry. I held on to him...and He provided!
Words cannot explain how great our God is or how much I love Him! Thank you, Lord, for your love, mercy and amazing grace. Thank you for providing for my father, my family and myself. Thank you for being my hope, my rock and my strength. Thank you for being the one thing in life than never disappoints and never lets go.

ALL THE GLORY TO GOD. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment