Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

12.2010



Just another month?
It is a little difficult for me to look back on December. So much was backed into what seemed like a long month. Lots to celebrate and lots to be thankful for.

The month began with spending time with old friends.
One thing I have always adored about this time of year is having old friends come back home. I have grown up in Murfreesboro and never lived outside of the city. It's home and has changed for me as I have grown up, but there's something about this place I just adore so I have never left. Having friends who have been in my life for years come back here just makes me remember how dear they really are to me and I feel like a kid again.
For some reason playing with sparklers while it's freezing outside seemed like a good idea. We had fun and I had fun until I could no longer feel my fingers. It took a few tries, but we accomplished the picture we wanted.
The month continued with lots of get-togethers. I am very thankful to work for my church and with people whom I absolutely adore. The picture at the top is of myself and my dear friend, Jennie. I have had the privilege of working with her for over a year now and was not leaving the staff party without a picture. The hawaiian theme made for a newly framed photo.

The children's choir also put on a show and I was so excited to have some of my small group in it and blessed to be a part of it. They all were so wonderful and I was so happy to see them glorify our Lord.

The month continued with celebrations of the holiday season and new additions with crazy people I like to call friends...
A tacky sweater party and braving the snow to celebrate a dear friend expecting a sweet baby boy in the near future were definite highlights...
But the month went on with celebrating Christmas with my family.
I still miss the Christmas of my childhood, but I am thankful that I have grown to love this time of year for other reasons. There is no greater gift than what God gave when He sent His Son. I look at that gift as a personal one, because He did give it to me. I am thankful for this month and what this year held and taught me. 2011 is a year I am eager to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment