Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Dos mil diez.

2010.

I cannot believe this year is already over, but I am so thankful for it.
This year held a lot of change. I have changed so much. Change in heart, perspective and priority. Growing older celebrated, hearts broken, lives joined in vows and seeing myself change right before my own eyes. Desires flipped, choices made and letting God take complete control of my life.

I could write forever just on each month of this past year. I am thankful I am so organized with my pictures so I am able to go back and look at what was captured. Through two trips to La Represa, camp with the children's ministry, holidays, birthdays, relationships and growing into 23, this was a year God knew I would cherish.

This past year was absolutely amazing, but what I
remember most is how He broke me. I was loving life and loved Him, but He knew what was better for me. I know you may be thinking, "What does she mean, broke?" Well, my life was nothing short of what I wanted and desired. Sure, I loved God and prayed and read my bible and so on, but God was not the desire of my heart. God was not my first and only priority. He was part of my life, not just my life...but out of grace and love He took me away from everything in my life that was competing for time and affection and brought me to a place where He was and is all I need. He became my only desire and has been since that very day.

It was not the easiest thing, but I have never been so grateful for something. God knew what was best and, although painful, it was the only thing I could have wished for. It definitely made this past year what it was, but here are a few highlights:


Heavenly Father, thank you for 2010 and for what it held. Thank you for what you did for me and for what I have grown to be. I am so grateful and thankful to be your daughter and I pray that the next year will only continue to grow my heart for you and my desire to serve you. I pray I can be a light of you to those around me. I desire nothing more. I love you so much and pray that I live only to glorify your wonderful name.

3 comments:

  1. You absolutely amaze me and I am loving getting to know you. Although I've not REALLY known you for that long (aside from past babysitting gigs), I am so proud of you! And I know that our Savior is too! Love you much.
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracie, I love you sister. Glad God has allowed our paths to cross again :)

    ReplyDelete