Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Time well spent.

Who knew this could be what the doctor ordered?

Today was a day of helping the heart and it has been one that needs to be repeated often. I am lucky that I have so many godly women in my life who pour their wisdom into me and I am grateful that God has placed them in my life and that I am able to turn to them with a moments notice. I was able to spend time with two of them today. The first would be my aunt. I have five aunts, but she is one who is there and always has been. She has helped me through some of the most difficult times in my life thus far and I really don't know what I'd do without her. As I get older I find I desire to spend more time with her. Today was spent sharing life and laughs over coffee, lunch computer problems and mini marshmallows. I know it doesn't sound like much but a little goes a long way. With my family, most of them push you toward the "American dream": married, kids, good paying job and then retirement...but not her. She loves me just the way I am...and for her I thank the Lord often.

I was also able to spend some time with a dear friend who I met many years ago, but thanks to God, we were able to have our paths cross again and I am so happy they did. Sharing life and what God is doing in it is so freeing. Having friends who encourage what I love and want to do is something that means so much. I was able to tell her what I am excited about, my passions and what I would do if I knew I couldn't fail...and she just plainly says go for it! It's so awesome to have someone to tell you that. I feel like Satan has a good way of talking us out of ideas, especially those which would further God's kingdom. It gives me energy and hope for the future...and for her, I am equally grateful.

But now, what's next?
What road do I need to take, God?
What is the best idea to strive towards?
What does your will have for me, Father?
What do you want?
What is your plan?

And He lovingly tells me..."for I know the plans I have for you, Abbey. My plans are for good and not for disaster, for hope and a future. Trust me."

1 comment:

  1. I love you AG!! Remember, you have Satan on a leash and he only does what you let him do. Can't wait to spend more time with you. :O)
    Tra

    ReplyDelete