Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A form of free.


"Writing is a form of personal freedom. It frees us from the mass identity we see in the making all around us. In the end, writers will write not to be outlaw heroes of some under culture but mainly to save themselves, to survive as individuals."
-Don Delillo

I came across this quote and it spoke to a deep part of my soul. For so long writing has been a form of freedom. The label about myself speaks of how writing is my outlet and my release. For years I have opened this book and written my whole heart: prayers, concerns, memories, pains, heartaches, joys, and the list goes on. It is the door to my mind and heart and it is closely guarded and protected. For whatever reason, it is the one thing that is a complete and total release for me. Why? I have no idea...


...but what I do know is that I am grateful for it. I thank God for the ability to write and express myself through words. It is something I pray I can continue to do for many years to come. I am also thankful that what I write means something to other people. I am thankful for the words of encouragement I receive from people I love and admire. It's crazy for me to think that people I know, and some I don't, actually read and care about what I have to say. It's awesome and humbling at the same time.

I pray that these words reach out and encourage people. I pray my Father allows me to continue to reach out and love all people through writing.  I pray my heart and my writing is a light shining for my Savior who is worthy of all glory and praise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment