Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

01.2011

Enero.
First month of a new year.

It blows my mind to look back at what all this month has held. It was one amazing month.

New Year's Eve and the days leading up were spent preparing for my cousin's (who is my sister and best friend) wedding. I could not have been more excited for her and what God has given her. 
The rehearsal and dinner finished and we were able to spend the night talking, like we've done for years.  As maid of honor and bride, cousins, and most of all, sisters, we ended the year and began a new one in the best way I know how.

The next day was 1/1/11 and I was proud to stand by her side and see her take vows to an amazing man. She will never know how dearly I cherish her and our relationship. 

As the newlyweds headed off on their honeymoon, I hoped in the car and drove to Atlanta, Georgia for:




Passion Conference 2011. It's exactly what I needed to hear, see, sing and say. God blessed my time at Passion beyond my imagination and I thank Him so for it. I was blessed and lucky enough to hear many speakers that have been gifted with the talent of speaking God's Word in powerful ways...ways that have changed my life and given me a spirit to look to the Lord in all ways. 
The people in the picture above are my community group. It was by God's glorious hand that we were placed together and I thank the Lord for what we were able to share in our time together. I am also thankful that we all are keeping in contact. Blake, Erica, Joe, Alex, Kalli, Abby and Marty-you all are amazing and I am praying for you often.

Once my time in Atlanta was over I headed home and got back into the normal routine. I hadn't gotten back into the groove since mid December so it felt good to see some schedule come back into life. On January 26th of 1990, my world as an only child changed forever when this young man came into the world:

Meet Matthew Brent.
He's my first little brother. He came into the world when I was almost four and my world has never been the same. 

We were able to celebrate his 21st in a very special way. It began with lunch with he and Barton...


...and ended with little brother joining the club.

 No matter what, I love him so much and am so proud to call him my brother. His tattoo means "to serve with the light and love of God." I am glad God gave me Matthew. I wouldn't change a thing about having he and Barton in my life.

Well January was surely 31 days of busy, exciting, changing times for me. I loved every minute of it and cannot wait to see what God continues to show me this year and how more deeply I fall in love with Him. Father, I love you so and I thank You for this month. I pray for the next one and am thankful to know and trust that everything is:

On a side note, happy birthday to my dear friend, Kristi O'Connell! 

You are amazing and I love you so!

Adios Enero-Hola Febrero!

No comments:

Post a Comment