Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

02.14

I have never been a girl who loves Valentine's Day. It's always been a let-down or nothing different from any normal day. I have had a boyfriend on a few of them and my parents have always enjoyed celebrating the holiday...but as for me, I would happily do without it.

Today, I was working and in the middle of my long (but good) day, I looked up at the door and saw this:
I was in a moment of awe and comfort. I eased my mind into a place where I immediately was reminded of the love that is raining down on me from the Father above. He loves me so much and as unworthy as I may be, no one will ever love me like he does. His love for me is perfect and on a day where people celebrate love, I am thankful and celebrating my God whose love is the best there ever was, is and could be.
"Love is patient. Love is kind.
Love is not jealous, boastful, proud or rude.
Love does not demand its own way.
It is not irritable and keeps no record of being wronged.
It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices in the truth.
Love never gives up,
never loses faith, 
is always hopeful,
and endures through every circumstance.
Love never fails."
-1 Corinthians 13:4-8


No comments:

Post a Comment