Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday night.

Wednesday is probably like any other day for most people, but for me it's one of my favorites. I work from 8:30 a.m. to close to 8 p.m. and I absolutely adore every minute. Most would look at that time frame and freak but it's not what it seems. From putting signs up, to organizing curriculum and so on, Wednesday is spent preparing for GROW FX:Family Experience and GROW Discipleship classes. I know that it's a long time and a good deal of work but giving of myself to give children a chance to know and hear the word of God is something I cherish deeply and am very thankful for.

Today seemed like an especially long day but in a good way. There was a good feeling of team unity and a day full of laughs is certainly enjoyable. I walked out the door with my favorite people, still laughing, and headed home expecting to jump into bed...but instead, I find myself in the middle of this:

To my right is Matthew Brent. As the oldest of my two younger brothers, he has recently become a follower of Christ and gotten a tattoo like his sister. We have always been close but recently our relationship has become much stronger. I am thankful that God continued to pursue him and bring him to where he is now. We are able to now have conversations of Christ, God and His Word. It's something I cherish to the depth of my being.

We were watching the history channel together and reminiscing of our grandfather who gave us the love for history. He was filling out paperwork for basic training. As much as that scares me I am okay because I know God will protect him and I know that Matt desires to really do something. I just pray that whatever happens be the will of God for Matt's life. He is a strong and brave young man who will do amazing things for God's kingdom and I am proud to call him my brother.




To the left is Barton. The sensitive, meek young man who has a heart for Christ. He came home from services at New Vision and was much later than myself because of staying later to talk to the youth pastor...what more can I ask for? Most teenagers his age are after anything but the heart and will of God but he is and I couldn't want anything more for him. He doesn't know what God has for him and neither do I but I know he, too, will do amazing things for the sake of Christ. He is a strong, tender soul that is driven with love.

I am so thankful for these two men. I am thankful that I am able to come home from a long, amazing day and share life with my brothers. We are all three on very different paths but we are all united in love for one another and love in Christ. From talks of family, to Christ, to serving and beyond, we share a special bond that means so much to me.  I can remember being younger and asking myself if it would ever be possible to love two younger brothers: yes, dear Abbey of younger years. You love them. You adore them...and forever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment