Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Little bro & life change.

I bet I have started 5 or 6 posts within the past week. My life has been a whirlwind of madness. With work, family and friends I haven't been able to get close to getting my emotions or thoughts straight. My journal has been consumed with it all but getting it all ready for open viewing is another story....but I think so of it is ready.

Almost two weeks ago my brother, Matt, came to me and said we needed to talk. I knew it had to be a big deal because anytime we have a serious conversation they usually begin that way. We sat down and he began telling me about his decision to go into the Army. My heart immediately sank but I quickly jumped into a moment of prayer. I listened to what he had to say along with his reasons and hopes, and God took over my worry and emotions. We talked through some things and I told him how I felt, but that ultimately I would support him and love him with whatever he decided.

This morning he left for a two day type of training to prepare him for basic training. I got up to get ready for work this morning and I had the biggest lump in my throat. Over the last year I have become a mother to my younger brothers and as I woke up I felt like I was losing something and this huge sense of worry and anxiety came over me. I closed my eyes, prayed and got a pen and paper out to do what I do best: write. I sat down and wrote Matt a letter. I told him how I felt, that I loved him and that no matter what I would always support him. I told him that I am constantly praying for God's will to be played out for his life and I am comforted knowing that God is in control of it and I don't have to worry. I left it for him and didn't hear from him until I called him to make sure he was up in time. A few minutes later he texted me and thanked me for everything and that he loved me more than I would ever know. I felt God's presence surround me and I didn't have to worry about him.

Earlier I received a phone call form him and he told me about his day. He told me of people he had met, paperwork he filled out and the intense day ahead of him. It was nice to talk to him and comfort him as he begins this journey.

Tomorrow my little brother of 21 years is being sworn in for the United States Army...whoa. Luckily my God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment