Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happy hoodies.

I am all for deals and steals. I am all for do-it-yourself crafts. I am all for finding them and sharing them with people I know. What's a good deal if you can't share it?!

So press rewind for a minute... Monday, the boys headed off to Atlanta and Jennie and I thought, "What could we do for just us girls?" We were leaving the office and I remembered how badly we had been wanting sweatshirts (especially in Tennessee weather) and that I had seen some plain ones at a store I shop at recently. I told her my idea-"Let's make sweatshirts!" So we went and bought these:
...and I went to work preparing a stencil and paint products.

First, I attempted painting our logo: no luck. (If you know me well, you know my level of o.c.d. and this didn't help it!) Next, I attempted an iron-on: no luck, again.

Since either of those didn't work how I had hoped, I thought of calling a friend who works for a screen printing business to see what it would cost to have two sweatshirts printed...Well, the cost was about $100 with printing, art charge, next day service and setup fee! No thank you. BUT, she referred me to this place:
Big Frog Custom T-shirts. I had never heard of this place but my friend said I definitely should try them. With wanting these back in 24 hours, most places won't and can't (if they do it costs way to much) but Big Frog specializes in turn-around printing, meaning you can come in and have things printed and get them back the next day! I went over there and took in my sweatshirts...and the outcome blew me away! Not only would they print on items I bought elsewhere (a lot of places won't do that) but I was in and out  in 20 minutes!!! She took our logo from my computer and put it on her flash drive, emailed it to the printer and five minutes later out popped an awesome sweatshirt.

Another great thing about Big Frog is the pricing. I got those two printed for a little over $10 each. It's the same amount you would pay for iron-on transfers at any craft store (or more). For $40 dollars, I got two awesome hoodies and had them printed with our awesome logos! I couldn't be more pleased with them. I took Jennie hers and she was equally excited. To add a personal touch, I added our names to the back. If you need something printed definitely try Big Frog. You won't be disappointed!



No comments:

Post a Comment