Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

A day He made.

Lately I have been in this state where I have been waiting patiently for God to work in a few different situations. I have prayed more than I ever thought possible and I have sat by and watched the days, weeks and months go by hoping to see something arise. I have made my desires known to God and even though almost everything happened that would to tell me to give up, I am still holding on. I have been hoping, praying and trusting in Him and His timing...with nothing in return. I have had to turn away from being so selfish with what I "want" and what God "should give me," and He has shown me the light at the end of the tunnel. Some days are better than others when it comes to this season of waiting and not a day goes by where I am not reminded of waiting and being ever so patient.

I woke up this morning, got ready and left for work. I got in the car, threw my stuff in and started driving like I do every day. The sun is shining beautifully today and as I started driving down the road I looked at the sun, nature and God's hands and this glorious day. I was immediately flooded with excitement...He softly spoke in my ear and told me that no matter what season I am in, whether I am waiting or not, that there is a reason to be happy and be excited for what's to come; because what is to come has His name all over it and is truly what is best. It is exactly what I needed to hear today, but He knew that already.

But even though I am in a season of change God has got me right where I need to be. And I stay close to the fact that everything happens for a reason. Every person, situation, day, word, etc. has a chance to give His name glory. Just holding on Him and knowing He knows best.

On another note, I am cutting all this off today:
Okay, not all of it but hopefully most. I have had too many bad haircuts in my almost 24 years and it's hard to trust people with cutting it...but as of today, I am trusting in a friend to work some magic. We'll see what happens, but until then I will leave you with this:
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.
 Plans for good and not evil, for hope and a future."
-Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment