Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

God speaks.

Lately, life has been so busy that I find myself turning to the Word for strength and not getting what I needed, expected or wanted. What I didn't realize until now is that I can't just turn to it and expect to get something to help me just a rushed and delayed attitude. I must turn to it humbled and gracious and thankful that He gave it to me and speaks to me through it.

It's been a while since I have gotten to dig into studying His Word, but recently it happened without planning it. I went to a dear friend's house to have coffee and just catch up. I love her because we get along so well, and she also shares a passion for art and painting. We were in her art room, which I am slightly jealous of, and I asked if there was anything I could help her get finished or work on.

She handed me this:

A ruler, pencil, Bible and a 12x12 piece of paper.
She told me about how someone wanted Psalm 25 written on this paper, then mod-podged to a canvas as a gift. I thought it would be pretty cool so I got to work. If you know me well then you know I am quite o.c.d. about things so it took me a while to make sure it would all fit on the page. I wrote the first half in pencil and began going over it in sharpie.
As I began to write and read the lines of Psalm 25, I felt this huge and overwhelming flow of God's presence. It's like He was sitting right there next to me saying, "Read, dear child. This is here to help you."

Psalm 25 was an answer to a huge struggle that I have been dealing with for a few weeks. It's as if it was sent from God straight to me. As I wrote, I clung to every word...every line...holding back tears of comfort and awe.
 I read over and over and finally got to the very last line. I sat back, took a deep breath, and looked over a psalm that came straight to the Father to me. Thank you, Father. I pray I continue to have a yearning for your Word...and let it happen in little, unseen moments as this.
"Show me the right path, O Lord.
Point out the road for me to follow.
Lead me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in You."
-Psalm 25:1-5

1 comment:

  1. Great post!!!! We need to 'work' together again soon! ♥ you sooooooo much!

    ReplyDelete