Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend.

This was such a wonderful weekend. It seemed so busy but so relaxing all at the same time. Friday night was the Secret Church simulcast with David Platt, as seen in my previous post...it was amazing. As far as Saturday goes, I was relaxed. Today was crazy, awesome Easter Sunday.


Easter was always a big holiday growing up. My grandparents, especially my grandmother, would plan a huge celebration that included the best egg hunt know to kid-kind. Ever since she passed away the holiday has never been the same but as she's been gone I have grown in my relationship with Christ and He has become the reason. I am happy that I can remember her yet celebrate the fact that Jesus is Lord and is alive.

For the last two years my entire family has gone to church together and gone to my aunt's future home (a huge lot of land) and had a picnic and egg hunt. It's a beautiful corner lot that makes me feel like I am in the middle of the forest in Twilight.


We all bring food, eggs and settle in for the afternoon. The big kids even have some fun.


 Loved getting to see my sweet and dear sister, Hannah, and her little baby bump! We will have a new addition to the family come September!


 Once we all eat and start the egg hunt, we continue with a tradition my grandfather started. He would hide money eggs and prize eggs. Every grandchild would go home with some kind of prize and money. Since he passed all the big kids go home with a gold dollar and no toy-like prize. 
This year my younger cousin won confetti eggs...and enjoyed using them on his family within five minutes of winning them.


We all got to a point where we had eaten so much and been around everyone for too long so Will, Barton, Jackson and myself headed to end the day with a game of disc golf. Great idea if I do say so myself.


Overall it was a great Easter Sunday. What I love most is that the reason we celebrate Easter is something I should and can celebrate every day I am living. God sent His only Son who lived a perfect life, died and defeated the grave and rose again and is ALIVE! Praise the Lord for my Savior and what He did and is doing. I cannot wait for the day when He comes back to earth and calls me home.

"Do not be afraid, for I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. But He is not here, for he has risen!" 
-Matthew 28:6-7

I hope and pray you had an amazing Easter and that God touched your soul with the real meaning of why we celebrate today. God is sovereign, and amazing, and worthy of all glory...even if there is a bunny...

No comments:

Post a Comment