Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Made me listen.

I can't believe it's already May.

But what a good month to be in. I have so many things I need and want to write about but finding the time is hard these days. Those are to come...

Anyways, I want to ask you a question. Have you ever been at a point where you didn't listen to God?

Yesterday I opened my email to see my "verse of the day" that I receive every morning. I opened it and read the word 'patience' and immediately closed it. One, because that's the season I am in and two, because I was in a moment where I didn't want to listen to what God had to say.

So from there, I went on to my devotional. It's an application on my phone, and as it opened, this is what I saw:
My instant thought was to close it, but I read on to see what it said. It spoke of how grateful I should be for a God who loves me and wants the best for me. It's hard to not know what's going to happen, but I can trust him. The verse that started it off is 2 Peter 3:

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

I sat back and heard God tell me that He is faithful to what His word says and what He has promised. I smiled, and for a moment, realized I didn't have to worry. I went back to my email to read the verse that I  looked over and to my amazement, it was the exact same verse. 

Funny how God works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment