Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Little things.

Wednesday is always a long day for me. I arrive at work early in the morning and leave around 8 o'clock at night. Most people would look at that day and think I'm crazy for actually enjoying it, but I honestly do. I've been grateful for a job that I truly enjoy and love more than anything.

Last Wednesday I was in my usual spot gearing up for the evening ahead. With papers in neat stacks, everything in order and ready to go, I heard a "Ms. Abbey" from around the corner. I saw a dear and familiar face...a little girl from my small group, Lexie. She came up and embraced me with a hug, as they all do, and put this in my hands:


My heart sunk as I saw her face light up as she handed me my homemade coffee cup. She began to explain each little detail like the tie-dye duct tape, the homemade handle, and how hard it was to make and 'a' with tape that's so sticky. I gave her two big hugs and thanked her for the coffee mug. She told me she saw me drink a lot of coffee at camp and thought I could use my own mug...can't argue there.

As she walked away and I admired the mug, I turned it over to see a homemade, handwritten label that said:
Hand-wash only.
Handmade by Lexie L.
For Ms. Abbey

It's the little things in life that make my days. Children being so thoughtful and making my job and life so wonderful.
Thank you, Lord.

And no, I have yet to give the one-of-a-kind coffee mug a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment