Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

My lately.


I don't even know where to start when it comes to how I've been lately. Lots of feelings, emotions and frustrations. Depending on God for literally everything, but there's a peace deep within that sense of uncertainty.

 I've been spending a lot of time with my brothers, which I always enjoy. I thank the Lord often that we are all so close. I never would have thought I'd love my little brothers like I do. Recently, Barton and I went to a concert at Rocketown in Nashville benefitting Africa's orphans and Japan's relief fund. The concert featured artists that we both really enjoy, but more so, share the gospel of Jesus Christ in an awesome and powerful way. They are all christian rap artists: Pro, Shonlock and Lecrae.


All three are incredible, but Lecrae is definitely my favorite. If you've never heard of him, you can check him out here. The other are also definitely worth a chance. They're all about sharing Jesus through amazing gifts and talents.

I've also been spending a lot of time outdoors and with people I love and adore. I was with a dear friend the other night and we went out to see her son play in a soccer game.


I've been seeing God in the little things. Like the beauty in the lights, the grass and the children running around.

Today I left work and went to spend time with another dear friend. We were both frustrated and ill with things of this life and decided to get out, talk and be outdoors. We spent the afternoon walking and talking and it was just what I needed.


 I've gotten to be with dear friends and celebrate milestones and new seasons of life. I got to spend last weekend with my best friend from college and go shopping for her wedding dress. It was a sweet, tender moment to share. I was thankful to be there and am honored to be in her wedding come November. I'd share a picture but I can't spoil that beauty. She's the best friend you could possibly ask for.


I am very thankful I got to share in another dear friend's birthday this week. Jennie and I work together and not only is she an amazing co-worker but she is a very dependable, sweet and encouraging friend. I thank God for her often.


On a more tender note, Barton goes to prom tomorrow. I cannot believe it. It seems like yesterday he was born and I was asking my mom to send him back to the hospital because he was so loud. That was almost 18 years ago...I was six and loving my quiet life, and then Barton came to liven it up. I am so very thankful for him and he is so incredibly dear to my heart. I can't believe he's growing...well, grown up.

 With all this going on and trying to get through each day without tears and frustration this is getting a lot of use:


Writing and praying are the only things that get me through each day. I type a lot and try to work on my blog often, but most of the time I am picking up my Bible and reading comforting passages or my journal and just writing thoughts, wishes and prayers. My comfort is in communication...communicating with my heart, my mind, my soul, my desires, my fears, my doubts, my frustrations, my people and most of all, my heavenly Father.

I am currently working on a side project that is hitting the ground running and getting a lot of attention and listening to this song. It's by a wonderful friend of mine, Holly Cormier.

Just praying God continues to guide me, for I know He is the lamp for the current time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment