Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

His future in us.

"Every experience God gives us,
every person He puts in our lives
is in preparation for the future
that only He can see."

What comes to your mind when you read that quote? 

I am reminded of certain experiences I've had in my almost 24 years. I can recall many times where I have experienced things and wondered what the heck did I do to deserve such pain, hurt and uncertainty. In those moments all I could do is ask why, but once it's over and I am able to look back I see what I learned and God tells me why I went through what I did. I am able to grow as a woman, as many things, and as a follower of Jesus Christ.

I am also reminded of people that have passed in and out of my life. So many have come and so many have gone. Have you ever wondered how many people you've encountered? When I think about how big that number is it makes me wonder how many of them are actually still in my life. I wonder why certain people came in, some bringing pain and some bringing joy. I wonder why some aren't still in my life. I wonder how many more God has laid in my path that I don't know yet. Either way, they all have taught me or are teaching em something about life, myself or my Father.

The future is one thing that only God can see. I sometimes-okay, a lot of the time- find myself worried sick about people, events, plans in the future and it's comforting to know that no matter what I do it is all in His hands. No matter how much I worry or freak out He has got it all under control and I know He has my best interest at heart.

A lot of people say this, but I truly believe everything happens for a reason.
Every person, situation, day, word happens for a reason.
He allows everything for a reason, but it's all in preparation for something.

What's hard is that we don't always know what that 'something' is.
But take heart in this because I am fighting this feeling of uncertainty, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment