Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Gift Bag No More

How many times have you gone shopping for a gift and in the shopping cart you placed a gift bag that costs more than you want to pay? How many of you buy the cheapest gift bag you can get away with buying? (That's me.) How many of you have a gift bag full of gift bags that will probably never be gifted again?

If you said yes to any of those questions, this post may be for you. I was recently shopping for a little boy's birthday gift. After finding the gift I wanted to purchase I went to get a card and a gift bag. I found a reasonable card and began looking through gift bags, in the hopes of only going one store. I looked for about ten minutes and the cheapest one I could find was $4. I just couldn't spend that on a small gift bag, so I got in line to check out, annoyed that I had to make another stop.

As I was in line, in front of me stood a rack with recyclable bags. The light bulb came on! Why not buy a reusable bag, that's cute and useful, and save money, too? I got this bag for $1.99.


It was just as cute as a gift bag, if not cuter, perfect for a boy and fit everything perfectly. It made me happy to give it and know that it won't be tucked away in a closet, broken or thrown away.

I later did some research on where to find more and found out that you can find practically any bag you want- any shape, size, color, pattern, print and price.

I found this adorable classic Dick and Jane print bag. It would be perfect for a baby shower or baby gift. You can check it and more out here.


I found another website called Baggu Bags, that creates all types of bags out of recycled cotton. You should look at them. They have so many that I quickly fell in love with. Especially anything in this green stripe.


I also found a lot of bags being made out of recycled goods and the proceeds went to help a cause. This gorgeous lunch-size bag goes to help give employment to women in third world countries. You can see and more here.

In a world where you can find so much that is made to help our world, why not buy something like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment