Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Graduation: Part 2


When you read "class of 2011", does it mean anything to you?

It's a little difficult to write this post. My heart is heavy as these words flow from my mind. A few days ago I sat in an uncomfortable seat to see my youngest brother graduate from high school. I still can't believe he is finished with high school. Seems like yesterday he was starting school, driving or even talking for that matter. 

Barton is not only my youngest brother but he's one of my best friends and almost like a child to me. We understand each other and are always there for one another. I've been more than a sister to him on many occasions and I frequently find myself feeling responsible to care for him not only in the normal sense, but in a godly perspective. He has grown into a strong, proud man for Christ and I couldn't be more proud.

We started the celebrations just us, sitting down and decorating his graduation cap. They unfortunately wouldn't let him walk with it on, but a dear friend stepped in with a replacement so he wouldn't have to ruin it. It was good to spend some time together before graduation.


I got there before any of my other family arrived and saved everyone seats. Soon after, the ceremony started and I saw little brother graduate.


I love this picture. It captures his spirit and take on life. He's always excited about something and I think that's because his focus is on something most teenagers aren't.



We found him after it was all over and of course, hit paparazzi mode. Everyone, everything, all of it. We took a ton of pictures and congratulated the graduate. And after some time, we all go tired of it...



...but they weren't over until the three of us got a few....for me. 


I can't believe he's all grown up...


...but I am the proudest big sister in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment