Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Farmer's Fresh

There's not much better than Saturdays. It's my Sabbath day and it's usually spent relaxing, watching a movie, being outdoors or writing. This Saturday morning I was with one of my dear friends, Meredith, and after brunch we headed to the busiest place in Murfreesboro on Saturday morning:


I love going to any farmer market. You're surrounded with fresh everything- fruits, veggies, sweets, floweers- and there's so much to look at, sample and buy. Murfreesboro Saturday Market is a great place to shop. We had a list of things we wanted but made time to check out each and every booth to make sure we didn't miss anything. I loved seeing all the different fruits, veggies, and especially how people placed their items. Everything from baskets, to bowls, to crates. I could look at the signs and colors all day. 


We started to shop and mark off our list. The tomatoes, peppers, squash and peaches were definitely a good buy.


One thing I didn't expect to find was coffee from Just Love Coffee. They're a organization that helps raise funds for orphans and their families. It's a great cause that is definitely worth contributing to.


I grabbed a cup of homemade lemonade and kept shopping with these lovely ladies. 


Murfreesboro's farmer market is truly awesome and it was great getting to spend the morning these with friends. 


And we went home with some amazing fruit and vegetables...


 ...minus the peaches that fell in the street!








No comments:

Post a Comment