Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

What's in a Name

If you know me well or read my blog you know that my name is obviously Abbey Grace. Lately, a lot of people have asked me about why it means so much to me and I start this long, drawn out story. Instead of doing that over and over, it seems like a good thing to share. After all, it has made me who I am today.

It all started with this woman:


Grace Brent, my grandmother.
She was the best grandmother ever. I was named after her and I am grateful for that gift. I have many fond memories of growing up with her always being there. I can remember so many good times of sleepovers, shopping trips, and her being the only godly woman in my life. I didn't realize it until the last few years but she truly was an incredible woman of God. She loved the Lord and her family unconditionally. When she passed, it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to endure, but I know she's in heaven worshiping our God and frankly I'm jealous...but I am happy I have a daily reminder of her and what she meant to me. 

Even though I have her name, there's another daily reminder:


Yes, I have a tattoo. I never thought I'd be someone who got a tattoo but I've had the idea for years, and after a bad break up and a long year of being 20, I thought a tattoo was the perfect idea. I'm not sure that it was, but I definitely don't regret getting it. Having my name and my grandmother's name is a constant reminder of her, but more importantly, every time I see it I think of the absolutely amazing grace that God gives me every moment of my life. He gives us grace, we are saved by grace and we are to all show grace. It shows me what my life is truly about and I'm thankful that it gives me the opportunity to share my life and my faith.

Amazing Grace.
Abbey Grace.


"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God."
-Ephesians 2:8






No comments:

Post a Comment