Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Perspective

How many of us wake up in the morning, grab our coffee and head out to work or school, and don't think twice about what we are doing. We take for granted our time, our money, our family and our circumstances...even the very breath we have within us. Not until we actually encounter a trial or hard time, is it when we actually think and realize how truly ungrateful we are, and in turn are thankful.

I had a perspective thrown in to my face today. I was going through my news feed just like normal when I came across a post where a friend has written on another friend's wall wishing him a speedy recovery. I immediately clicked over to his page to see what was going on and as I read over post after post I soon learned that he had been in a bad wreck, and was ejected from his car. My stomach felt like it was in my throat and a tightness came over my chest. I wrote to him of how I was praying for him and hoping that he was alright. The thought of something happening to him hurt to even think about. I sat and just prayed healing, peace and comfort over him.

Thankfully about two hours later he updated everyone and thankful to the good Lord above, he was alright. I felt the tightness ease and myself relax. I continued to pray for him and for the others involved who aren't doing as well as he is.

I sat back and wrote in my journal, and just realized that in that moment of worry and fear it was all put in perspective for me. All too often we take life for granted. How often do you wish you could go back and change something, or talk to someone? We have got to understand that our life is like a vapor. We are only here for a very short time and we have got to be intentional about what we say, do and the way we live our life.

Life is too short to take anything for granted. So be thankful and grateful, and never look back and wish you'd done something different. Just do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment