Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sil Time.

I've written about my dear friend, Amber, many times in my blog. She's one of those friends that you just adore with all your heart. It warms my soul when I am with her and when I look back on what we've been through together.

The past few months we've been lucky enough to spend a lot of time together. We've done everything from dinner, to pool days, to shopping for her big day. Recently we got together to assemble some invitations. This is how most of the evening was spent:

 Stacks and stacks of envelopes...

with a table full of supplies.

We spent a good while working on them, and in the middle of learning how to tie pretty ribbons and making glue dots stick, Amber said some of the sweetest words. We were having a conversation about my "if-I-ever" wedding and I said something that started with, "If I ever get married....." She looked at me and got a little grin and her words that followed were so kind. She told me that she learned a long time ago that in waiting comes God's plan. She told me of how before she met Jason, her fiance, she swore that she would never get married and quit looking for a man. She said that once she got to that point, she met Jason and found the man God had for her. I just smiled as her words put me at ease. 
She also assured me that there is in fact a man out there for me, and that my time will come and when it does, she will be there for me, through every step of the way.

Thank you, Lord, for the sweet s-i-l of mine.
And pretty invitations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment