Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

November: Week 3

Another week in the books.
Wow.

As we get older, time seems to fly faster and faster.
I find myself just sitting in silence and enjoying it.
It's rare to find that anymore.

Check out week three and what I've been thankful for. 

Day 15
Today I'm thankful for new friendships.
I'm really thankful that the Lord continues to bring people into my life who love me and love him. I have always loved meeting new people and especially ones that you instantly 'click' with. I've met some great people recently and grown friendships I've already had and it's been such a blessing. I love how God always puts the people you need in your path.

Day 16
Today I'm thankful I can choose love over hate.
It's so hard to love others sometimes. We go through life and people hurt us and we go through things that aren't easy, and we find ourselves at the crossroads of choosing to love someone despite pain we've felt or we find ourselves having hate and anger in our hearts. I found myself at the fork and chose love. And I'm thankful the Lord gives us that choice.

Day 17
Today I'm thankful for answered prayers.
Praise the Lord for answered prayers! All too often I fail to see where God is working, and I think a lot of people do as well. I pray for a lot of things and people, and sometimes over look God answering what I've asked. I ask him to protect my family, provide for me and give me faith. I take for granted that my family is safe and healthy, that there's money in my bank account and that the hard times are giving me more faith. It's all how you look at life and when you look hard enough, you'll see he's answered it. 

Day 18
Today I'm thankful for miracles from the Lord.
When I say miracles, I mean literal miracles for us. Not healing or anything like that. I mean, the fact that I'm able to wake up and there is air in my lungs is a miracle. The truth that sets my soul free every day is a miracle. The comfort in knowing where my eternity lies is a miracle. And it's all because of the worthy and wonderful Jesus Christ. 

Day 19
Today I'm thankful for productive days.
On this day, I had gotten up, ran to the bank, grabbed coffee and returned home. I did two loads of laundry, edited pictures for four hours and prepared 6 blog posts. Hello productivity! It's rare to get a full day like that out of me, but when there's one it's so awesome. I am glad I had the strength for that because I needed it. 

Day 20
Today I'm thankful that my life is in God's hands.
Sometimes I get so caught up in what I want and what I need to do and what I think. I found myself just sitting down with my journal and praying to the Lord, asking him what HE wanted and for forgiveness for being so rooted within myself. It's comforting knowing that I don't have to worry about what's going to happen to me or what the plan for my life is. God's got something better than I could ever plan, anyways.

Day 21
Today I'm thankful for smiles.
Lately, anytime I've been sad or gotten down on myself there has been something that has lifted my spirits and made me smile. Thank you Lord, for the little things in life that make me smile. It could be anything from a text, to something on Facebook, even little reminders from pictures or friends. They're usually small and insignificant to most people, but to me they are my saving grace.

Just a few more days left.


No comments:

Post a Comment