Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

How to Love

I was in the Word this morning and reading over 1 Corinthians 13. Also known as the love chapter. It's the one we all know by heart and can quote at a moment's notice. What I don't like about it is we forget what it's really saying and how we can apply it to our life. I was writing in my journal as I read, and as I read I wrote my thoughts on the first few verses. It really hit home to my heart, so I posted what I wrote to Facebook.

Here's what I wrote in my journal:

I started to read it outside of the normal context. 
Take the word 'love' out and read it.

We are called to be every bit of that, while loving people.
It's not enough just to love people. We called to be every bit of what 1 Corinthians says about love.
It's so hard just to love someone, but to love them while enduring their hurting us?
To love while being patient?
To love continuously?

Only through the Lord are we able to do this.

I pray you read this and it hits home to your heart like it did mine.
I'm definitely looking at how I love a much different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment