Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions

First off, I make new year goals.
Not resolutions.

If I tell myself I am going to work out every day of the year,
by January 31st I will sitting on the couch indulging in being lazy.

Instead of making resolutions I have made some goals to attempt this coming year,
and I'd thought I'd share them with you.

1. Project 365
I attempted this in 2009 and it lasted a few months. I really want to do this just to tell a story. I'm taking a picture everyday and it's a picture of meaning. I'm excited to see what comes from it. The iPhone will get some good use this year.

2. Take a trip with my brothers.
We've talked about it forever, but now that my baby brother is out of high school we can actually travel together-just us. We've talked about taking one over the holidays, but we'll see. No matter where or when it will be awesome. 

3. Open up to my friends.
I've said before that this blog is my outlet. What I've come to see is that I withhold so much from people dear to me. I can sit and listen to my close friends and family and talk for hours, but I don't share hardly any of my life to them. I've hurt some people and I want to try my best to share my life because I love and care for those around me, and entrust in them like they do me. They're there to help and love me and I need to do that. 

These, significant or not, are a huge prayer for me.
We'll see if they can happen
and see if I add anything else.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on opening up to friends. It's so hard to do that when you've been hurt before. Something that God showed me last year was that God can use me to help someone else - I do have something to offer to others.

    Branching out is hard but it's well worth it! Baby steps!

    Tshanina

    ReplyDelete
  2. great goals!! Tough stuff...but if anyone can do it...it's YOU! I love you!

    ReplyDelete