Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Two-thousand & Twelve.

It's here.
I am so excited for a new year.

I'm ready for new adventures, new memories 
and new life.

To be honest, a new beginning is just what I've needed lately. I've been in one of those funks that most people get in sometimes. I've found myself stuck in this mode of comparing myself to other women and their blessings. I've felt completely neglected and forgotten by God. I can look at a woman and find something she has that I don't that makes me lesser of a person. I know I'm not the only person who has ever felt this way, but lately it has just eaten away at my spirit. I've let it take over my being. But I read this today and I knew the Lord was speaking right to me.
39At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea, 40where she entered Zechariah’s home and greeted Elizabeth. 41When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”


Elizabeth could have been completely envious of Mary's blessing, but she responded in a way of trusting who she is and the plan God has for her. Any one of us would have had a hardened heart toward Mary, but Elizabeth welcomed her and blessed her, praising the Lord. 


I've got to see that every day.
I've got to hold tight to the fact that when I envy things or am displeased with my current situation
I am not trusting the Lord to play out his plan for who I am supposed to be.
I have to embrace God's design of me
and ask the Lord to unveil his purpose for me,
my favor in his eyes,
and my incomparable meaning.

This year brings change.
Change of heart and a way of thinking.
This year I am going to go after what I want in life,
spend time doing things that bring me true joy
and be with people I dearly love.

It's going to be the best year.
I can already tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment