Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

February 14th is a day dedicated to love.

Love...
I have a desire to write about today, 
but where do I begin? 

I guess could go into my personal life and tell you about my hopeless romantics,
my stories of past loves that failed for various reasons,
or my dreams of a truly, honest, good man...
which I often wonder if he really exists.

Or maybe I could go into what the world says love is,
and how I really feel about it.
"If you buy me this, 
do this,
or provide this then you really love me."
Ha.

Or maybe, just maybe I could tell you the truth about love and what real love is.

Yes, I think I'll take the third option.

My friends,
Love comes from God. 
Period.
It's patient. It's kind. 
It does not envy and it does not boast.
Love is never proud.
It is never arrogant and never rude. 
It's not irritable and keeps no record of being hurt.
It doesn't enjoy injustice, but is happy when the truths wins out.
Love never gives up,
never loses faith,
is always hopeful 
and endures through every circumstance.


Love is not just a feeling,
but an action and will.

Love is a choice.
And today, I choose to love.


2 comments:

  1. You are so right! Love is a verb, it is an action, it is a work in progress. And it has to be tended like a garden everyday to see it grow and continue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really neat! So true. Most people miss that it is an action verb that requires patience & consistency.

    ReplyDelete