Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wondrous Weekend

I've spent a few hours in my journal since Sunday evening.
Putting last weekend into words and thoughts and memories has been difficult.
And that never happens to me.

Normally, when I need to write, I can't even think straight until I can write.
I find myself jotting down words as quick as I can write them 
but this weekend was different. 

It's truly hard to really explain last weekend.
I was hired to photograph our high school ministry's event, Collide.
I went into it with a completely professional mindset, knowing I'd be working
instead of working with students or fellow adults.

What I didn't expect was to be completely humbled in God's presence,
lost for words at what He taught me through the speaker,
and realizing that He is all I need.

I've known that before, 
but this weekend really sent it home.
God sent Jesus so he could be our Father.
Jesus called God "Father" every time he referred to him except once, 
when he was on the cross.

He is our Father.
I am beginning to get in the habit of calling him Father all the time.
Jesus made that possible and for that we should be grateful.
Calling him Father reminds me of another great blessing.

Also, the speaker, Chad Norris, spoke about the redundancy of the Lord's prayer.
First, let's read it:

Our Father in Heaven,
Hallowed be your Name,
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done,
On earth as in Heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
As we forgive those
Who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power,
And the glory are yours
Now and forever. 
Amen.

First, Jesus calls God Father, as should we.
Second, when he says "thy kingdom come" he means that we are to be heaven on earth.
That's huge.
Third, our daily bread.
Chad talked about worry, and how we live to plan out our lives.
School, jobs, families, all of it. We live to plan.
However, it's a huge sin. Period.
God gives us enough for each day, every day, and nothing more.
You could study in this for hours and Father could reveal more and more.
These three points have completely blown my mind.

Besides all of that,
getting to worship Father alongside some amazing students 
was a bigger blessing than I could have ever imagined. 

Father, 
you are good. 
you are worthy,
and you are enough for us everyday you bless us with.

This last weekend was truly wondrous and as I sit and edit these photos 
(which I'll share later)
I still find myself in awe. 

My, my Father is good and true.


No comments:

Post a Comment