Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Little Reminders

The picture below is from the corner of my grandparent's porch.
For many years my grandmother would walk out there and a dove would be sitting in one of her hanging ferns. The dove would lay her eggs and would sit there for hours.
My grandmother slowly gained her trust and was soon able to pet her.

I can remember standing in a chair at this very spot to see her.
I can remember the awe in the fact that she would always keep her eggs there
and that she always came back.
It was a fond memory of my childhood and of my grandmother.

This morning I walked on my back porch and saw this.

I was in shock but so happy.
She just sat there and I stared at her for what seemed like forever...
then I realized I needed to grab my camera.

I opened the door and just gazed at her.
I was immediately reminded of my grandmother and our fond memories.
It also reminded me of the peace I have that surpasses all understanding.

I just soaked in her beauty and the fact that she was two feet away from me.
And she sat there and just stared back.

Love little memories and grateful for reminders.



No comments:

Post a Comment