Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Vacation

I am 4 days away from this:


The annual vacation with the family. I am honestly not looking forward to it since some family drama has happened recently but I am hoping for the best. I am leaving early to come back to work so I am planning to drive down with my brother, Matt. He leaves for the Army next month so I am excited to spend some quality time together before he leaves.

I normally don't take a vacation. The word "vacation" is defined as a period of suspension of work, study, or other activity, usually used for rest, recreation or travel, recess or holiday. I haven't been on vacation since I started following Christ. I'm not a big fan of the typical, American vacation where it's lots of money spent, and very selfish. I don't like being lazy and sometimes feel like they are a waste of time and money that could be used to glorify God.

I wasn't planning on attending until I realized that Matt would be leaving so soon. So, like most things, I prayed about whether I should go or not. I'd be away from work, responsibilities and the "normal" for a few days. I still get anxious just thinking about it, but I told God, "If you want me to go, then tell me."

He finally gave me peace about it a couple of weeks ago. It will be quality time with my family I don't see often, my brothers and might even help ease the drama that's been going on. That's what I hope and pray for at least.

So I guess we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment