Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Learning Love

I wish I could sit here and rant on 
about what I've learned in the last few years concerning
love.

It's crazy to look back and see what I've gone through,
but more so what the Lord has gotten me through.
But through it all...

I've learned about choices.
With choices, there are always consequences, 
good or bad.
With every decision things can change on a whim or slowly over time.
You can change everything in the matter of seconds or a few words or actions.
You really have to be careful and aware of all choices.

I've learned what it means to care.
You spend time with someone because you want to.
You invest in a relationship because it's worthy of you and your time. 
You care because you want to and you understand what it means
so you don't abuse it or waste your time.

I've learned what it means to feel.
We feel joy, happiness, wonder and pain.
You feel all kinds of emotions when you love
and what you learn from those can teach us a lot.
They can lead us down a great road 
or down a treacherous path.

I've learned about truth.
Truth about who I am, the woman I am 
and how much honesty means to a relationship and to ourself.
Truth can set us free from our fears 
or chain us in great darkness.

I've learned that it's okay to be me.
Not all may care about me and want to spend time with me,
but one day there will be someone.
Someone whose choices affect me in the best way,
cares about my heart and soul,
wants me to feel joy and happiness everyday,
and is purely honest about everything.
And he'll love me for me.




1 comment: