Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Breath of Fresh Air

Lately I've been going non-stop at about 100 miles per minute.
I haven't felt like I've had time to slow down and enjoy friends or write or even sleep...
but then yesterday came.

I had the day off because I had an interview in Cookeville for Winshape camps 
and was so busy the days ahead I really didn't get a chance to get excited or nervous.

Yesterday came and I hit the road to Cookeville.
The interview was wonderful, 
but what I was really looking forward to was spending time with my sis, Hannah.

I got to her house and she had a lovely lunch prepared for us.

Marigrace was clearly happy to see me.

After lunch we chatted about life, boys, marriage and being a mom.
It felt like we were 10 again, playing with our American Girl dolls.
All those feelings of growing up together came back as we reminisced
and saw how cute we were as kids.

We also talked about our attempts at getting crafty and that struck a cord for the rest of the day.
She showed me this dress she made for Marigrace from some fabric we wore in her wedding.

Marigrace wanted to model it for me and show me how cute she'll be as my flower girl...

but she prefered to show me how cute her diapers are.

We then attempted to get crafty with the rest of the fabric.

We started with some fabric flowers...

...and that went into a brooch for Hannah...

...a headband for me...

...and a headband for Marigrace.

As a few hours came to a quick end, 
I felt a calming peace come over me.
I was so thankful to have yesterday with Hannah and Marigrace.
It's hard to make time to see one another, 
but yesterday was such a blessing.
A blessing for my heart and my mind.
Everyone needs time to relax and just share life as it happens.


And every girl needs a pink headband made by her aunt Abb.













No comments:

Post a Comment